Ten Brazilian terminals were listed in the ranking released by UK civil aviation specialist OAG. The ranking is broken down by category – major, large, medium, and small, and lists the most punctual airports in each.
• Brasilia: With 85.58% punctuality, the airport of the Brazilian capital ranked fourth in the large terminals category (10 to 20 million passengers per year).
• Galeão: The Rio de Janeiro airport ranked fifth in the large category, with a punctuality rate of 84.25%.
• Congonhas: The São Paulo downtown airport scored ninth in the same category, with a punctuality rate of 82.32%.
• Guarulhos: Brazil’s busiest airport (also in São Paulo) ranked 11th in the “major” category (i.e. terminals that carry 20 to 30 million passengers per year), with a punctuality rate of 79.7%. For comparison sake, the first place in the category was snatched by the Minneapolis Airport (USA), with 85.72% punctuality.
• Confins: In the medium-sized airport category (5 to 10 million passengers per year), the Confins Airport (in Belo Horizonte) ranked fourth in 2017 with a punctuality rate of 84.96%. Leading the category was the Birmingham (United Kingdom) airport, with a punctuality rate of 89.52%.
• Curitiba: The Curitiba airport was the best ranked among Brazil’s aerodromes (i.e. the “small” category, airports receive between 2.5 and 5 million passengers per year), ranking 14th with 84.65% punctuality. Tenerife North (Canary Islands) got first place with an impressive 90.05% punctuality rate.
Source: Brazil Gov News