At Panama Airport, Copa Airlines has created a hub for connecting flights between the Americas and Brazil. The “hub of the Americas” offers a number of advantages for passengers seeking convenience and quality.
The great differential for travelers flying with Copa Airlines connecting in Panama is the exemption of immigration and customs in Panamá. Baggage is shipped
directly to the final destination of the passenger and flights are scheduled at convenient times to provide fast connections. Today, Copa Airlines flies to the following Brazilian cities: Belo Horizonte, Brasilia, Fortaleza, Manaus, Porto Alegre, Salvador, São Paulo, Recife and Rio de Janeiro. Travelers connecting in Panama will always clear customs and immigration in these cities, their final destination.
In addition, the Hub of the Americas offers the most direct way of connecting with the Americas because of Panama’s geographic location and favorable climate that allows the airport to operate 24 hours a day, 365 days a year. There are also two state of the art runways to ensure air traffic is moving smoothly in and out and sea level operations, which allows aircraft to extend their range.
The advantages of traveling with Copa Airlines are numerous:
• Copa Airlines flights are scheduled to minimize the connection time, which on average takes 90 minutes.
• Baggage is dispatched directly to the final destination of the passenger
• More direct flights to the major cities of the Americas, including Brazil
• Copa Airlines offers flights to a wide variety of destinations in Central and South America and the Caribbean.
• Copa has one of the youngest fleets in the region with an average of 7.73 years
• Full service on board with meals, drinks, movies and music
• On-time performance above 90%, among the best in the world.
• A wide variety of duty-free shops